I love this and use the Basic Bone Broth made with chicken bones as the base. There is a lot you can do with the recipe – I toss in lots of different veggies or meat once I get it going!
- 18 oz chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon organic toasted sesame oil (I like the flavor of Eden brand the best – but use whatever you like)
- 1/4 teaspoon organic crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon organic cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon organic lovage, ground well
- 1/2 cup cooked rice noodles
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- dash of ground grains of paradise (I get mine at whole foods, but if you can’t find it a little ground pepper can substitute)
Combine all ingredients except noodles in a small saucepan. bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Turn off heat. put noodles in a bowl and pour hot soup over noodles. Let sit for one minute. Serve.
So at this point – you could just dive in and eat it – I most often have it this way. However – you can also get creative. Have a little cooked chicken breast in the fridge? Toss it in there. Some leftover sauteed greens? Yum! Other lightly sauteed veggies? Go for it! If you like more heat, add a bit more crushed pepper – the basic recipe is pretty forgiving. Now, these are fairly small, appetizer sized servings – if you are going to make this your entree, you may want to double it. Or you might be dainty, I don’t know.