This is a good addition to a dip tray that includes guacamole and salsa or as a stand alone spread for bread. I just made this and it is delicious, but here I sit at the computer because my friend Marissa is waiting for the recipe so she can go to the store and get ready for the Superbowl! OK – get cooking!
- 15 oz cannelloni or white beans (I don’t recommend canned because of all the BPA garbage in them, but I did find this amazing new company called Fig Food Co that has beans in a BOX – BPA free! but if you can’t find them you can use canned – just drain and rinse)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 – 1 lemon per taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin (if you can tolerate it – it is not supposed to have sulfites, but I know some folks can’t have it)
- White pepper to taste (I just made this and I used about 1/4 teaspoon by the time I was done – the peppery flavor makes up for the lack of garlic you usually see in this kind of dip, and the white pepper was not as strong of a pepper taste as the black – and it looked better!)
Put all ingredients in a food processor (or blender) and mix until smooth. Add a little more olive oil if it isn’t creamy enough. Dip with corn or pita chips.