I have been missing jam a lot but I just couldn’t find any that didn’t have some suspect ingredients. This is delicious and super easy to make. I know lavender is kind of an acquired taste – this would work just as well without it – or with raspberries. Heck, any berry would probably do – go crazy!
- 1 ½ cup organic blackberries (if using frozen, make sure they are completely thawed)
- 1 pitted date or 2 – 3 prunes
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tbsp organic fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp organic chia seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoon organic lavender flower
Mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour into a jar and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. This will allow the chia seeds to thicken the jam and the flavors to develop. Jam should last 3-4 days refrigerated. If you want to make the jam sweeter, add more honey!