My sulfite free friend Ayelet came up with this recipe and it is all sorts of awesome – I cut out a few things that more sensitive folks would react to and frankly made some changes based on what I had in my pantry – try either recipe, it is so delish you will love it!!!
Before beginning, soak 1 cup or peeled raw almonds in water for at least 8 hours.
- 2 1/2 cups ground nuts ( I used a combination of pecans, walnuts and hazelnuts – use any or all!!)
- 1//2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
Stir all the ingredients together until well blended. Press into a pie dish along the bottom and up the sides.
- 1 cup almonds
- 16 oz organic pumpkin
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup crushed nuts (pecan, walnut or hazelnut)
Once the almonds are ready, preheat oven to 350. Drain almonds. Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend until creamy. Add the extra crushed nuts and stir. Bake for 45 minutes. Delicious!!! This is going to fill your home with the scent of nurturing and love – you must try this!